ARTICLE IN SLOVENIAN PRIMORSKE NOVICE MAGAZINE:

English, Hungarian

ARTICLE IN AUSTRIAN PROFIL MAGAZINE:

German, English, Hungarian, Czech, Serbian, Slovenian

CALL TO ALL OFFICIALS OF THE ORGANIZATION

English, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Serbian

Lineage of spiritual masters.
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    yes, it's possible...definitely there are certain incongruencies in the whole story...
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    hmm, I just watched on swAmi.tv, two day ago or so, and they played videos from older satsangs, years, 1991/92, and I was counting, that if swAmi was born in the year 1945, than on the 1992 video, which you can check yourself, if you have any or check on swAmi.tv, it will play the video from 1993 (11:30 - 12:45
    Summer seminar in Liberec (3/5), Jul 1993, 11 Jul 93),

so, in year 1992, he should be 47 years old than and he looks much younger...
    but if he was born on 1952, than he would be 40 and it is much more probable he is 40 on those video's than 47 (nearing 50)...
  • Durchanand May 2011
    I heard that story of his real year of birth being 1952 and not 1945 from a long year devotee who is still supporting him (because she is a part of that false game we are all talking about) when i joined yidl in 2004. my own explanation was always: in the year 1972 when he came finally to Europe he then was 20 years old. but in those days you were legally only an adult if you were 21 years old - at least in germany. so he made himself older for that reason. i may be right i may be wrong...was it the same in austria in those days?

@batawe: i am now 46 and nearly everybody guesses me being mid to end 30s. shit happens when you practise yoga intensely :-)
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    yes, it's most probable, by observation, that 52 is more likely,,,I never really bothered with this details, but I see this small fail-out's surging up;)
    don't know for Austria myself, I'm from Slovenia, nice to meet you all!;)

I guess shit really happens, and You are responsible for looking younger and my question to you Durchanand, is: how can you do this to us, deceive us in such a way;)))
  • truthseeker May 2011
    On the -Summer seminar in Liberec (3/5), Jul 1993, 11 Jul 93- mr. G looks more like 41 years old to me than 48. An extra advantage for him to make himself older is that he then looks so young, it must be because of the yoga! Extra selling point for him, although he doesn't practice the asanas himself.
  • Ivan May 2011
    The 1952 story is quite known. Svami Gajanand (who usually doesn't know anything useful) told me that long time ago- swAmi was supposedly too young in 1972 to travel abroad (?). Later I heard the story many times. Nevertheless in his documents the year is 1945. Funny is that his name is "swAmi" in the documents I have seen, not M G. If the year is really 1945 it is highly suspicious why he didn't met Mahaprabhuji. If the year is 1952 it is possible. Is it only a rumour planted by swAmi to skirmish the parampara inconsistencies?
  • Ivan May 2011
    Oh yes, I have a question! Why has Madhavanada never met Devpuriji, who died in 1942 according to his tombstone and official YIDL site??? (http://www.yogaindailylife.org/author/spiritual-lineage/paramyogeshwar-svayambhu-sri-devpuriji) He was already a devotee living in Khatu with Mahaprabhuji in that time (I think already a svami)?! Also how old was Devpuriji when he died 20 years before MhPruji??
  • truthseeker May 2011
    The yidl-site states that old gUru received Sannyas initiation in the year 1942, so he might have just missed out on Devpuriji.

Another thing, someone said before on this forum that swAmi has learned hatha-yoga from the Bihar/Satyananda yoga school. That would make sense, because Swami Satyananda Saraswati's best-selling book 'Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha' was published in 1969, so just a couple of years before swAmi came to Europe. It would also explain why the Bihar and the yidl both have versions of yoga nidra. Wikipedia literally says:

"Swami Satyananda's extensive worldwide tours with P. swAmi teaching the yoga nidra practice of Satyananda Yoga gradually spread the idea throughout India, Europe, Australia and the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga-nidra

Of course, you can't always trust wikipedia, but it's interesting.
  • Ivan May 2011
    However he met MahaPra-ji two years earlier. If he was able to come from Nipal to Khatu it wasn't a problem for him to jump to Kailash, it's quite near...
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    Yes, years don't match somehow, if you connect some of the stories together, they "fall-out" precisely on the points of "what is not said/concealed", the points of mis/encounters...no real encounter with Devpuriji and Old GUru was written down, as much as I remember, but I checked and it says that Old GUru (born 1923) got sanyas diksha in year 1942 (the same year of Devpuriji's departure), i.e., he was 19 years of age at that time; but I didn't find the year, when exactly he came to Mahaprabhuji...but even if he came one year before, the possibility of meeting Devpuriji exists...but if even that is doubtful, than the possibility of swAmi meeting Devpuriji is null...

The only thing that is mentioned is in the year 1976, when Old GUru received in the morning meditation a vision of Devpuriji, telling him, he is going to Europe, to bless swAmi.

here are two older pictures I found on FB profile:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/20/1281028/12dd.jpg
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/20/1281028/12.jpg
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    on the second one, Old GUru has beard and knotted hair, probably max. 30 years old, I guess around 1953 the photo was taken...
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    on the first picture, the man on the bottom left siting on the ground, bears much of the similarity to the painted picture of M-ji in the "Lila Amrit", and as much as I remember, someone told me years ago that Mji was swAmi in his previous birth...his last wish to Mahaprabhuji was: "To be reborn in this world so that I may bring people the gift of your holy name. Learning to worship your name they can achieve blissful happiness, in this world and the world beyond. In their ignorance many of your disciples see worldly pleasures as the highest goal in life and because of this they will be reborn in the West. Some already live there and others still will follow. If you grant me this wish, than I will spread your light to the whole world! This is the grace which I request of you."
  • truthseeker May 2011
    @batawe: my firewall says the above websites with the pictures are dangerous.
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    yes, firewalls can make 'alarms' but it's just site for upload, I was many times on it and it was not a problem, just don't click the adds and that's it...but if you click on those links of pictures it opens only the pictures, shouldn't be the problem, but you have it here also;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4451994/12.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4451994/12dd.jpg
  • Ivan May 2011
    Regarding Satyananda: the story xxxpuri (a well informed puri) told me was that swAmi left for Bihar immediately after saṃnyāsa-dikṣa because Old GUru was under serious pressure of his family to desanyasize him. swAmi talked about his staying there. That he was regarded by other people as a fool because he didn't knew any Sanskrit and English, only rural Marwari, and that he prayed to Mahaprabhuji and was granted with the knowledge of both and everybody there was fascinated bla bla hokus pokus. He also told that they had to eat fish but he refused...
    Yoga-nidra as a system of practice is a Satyananda's invention and YIDL yoga-nidra is just a unauthorised copypaste. Mahaprabhuji's bhajan (Yogi janogi) doesn't have anything to do with the practise, the name Yoganidra is just a common Sanskrit word designating Viṣṇu's sleep at the end of a yuga. And brahman's sleep also...
  • Ivan May 2011
    Most probably Mahaprabhuji's bhajan was an inspiration to rip off Satyananda...
  • pavitra May 2011
    you see Lila Amrit can make you lough a lot. Old GUru couldn't believe that his 135 old guru was ready to dye?
    HAHAHAHA
  • someonefromhungary May 2011
    last year during a program, swAmi was suggesting that the ideal guru-disciple relationship involves an element of fear from the part of the disciple (and discipleship is lifelong, even after the death of the Master or after anything)... by his own example... describing it by words to the effect of whenever Old GUru comes to him (in dreams, meditation, thoughts etc.), he thinks "my goodness, what does the Master want from me again?... what have I done wrong?..."
    ...it didn't sound that serious and he was telling the whole story in a funny way... yet, I couldn't really agree... for me, (absolute) love and trust is incompatible with fear...
  • karavan May 2011
    for such a situation in slovenian we have wonderful word: strahovlada (strah-fear, vlada: to govern). To govern with the fear. Could be translated to terror in english, but in fact is not the same.

He told this with a smile and humor, but was meant bloody serious. I remember it too.

This is how work his funny humorous stories he is telling as a fary tales, however they find a fertile soil on the top of the brainwashings as it was nicely explained in Radha's (swAmi's??) post about relationship guru:desciple, some days ago at esoterikforum.at (gone now).

• speakup May 2011
    Good information on Wikipedia about 'Psychological manipulation' - sounds familiar...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_manipulation
  • reality May 2011
    There is no worship of living or dead in Hinduism. The whole of vedic rituals are worship of Nature, like fire, water, air, earth, space(usually referred as ether). Recent natural disasters around the world would explain this why in olden days they worshipped these elements. We all have spent enough time to worship somebody's fantasy world. Let us acknowledge the experience and take what we had to learn and slowly build our faith, trust and belief in our own SELVES.

• PallasAthene May 2011
  • truthseeker May 2011
    Reply to @PallasAthene: this article shows again that swAmi is a hindu nationalist, just like Baba Ramdev. He is against freedom of religion, all hindus should remain hindu. It doesn't sound like the message of Mahaprabhuji or Mahatma Gandhi to me.
    And then he's blaiming the church for taking a stand against him, it's okay for christians to become a follower of sanatan dharma, but the other way around is unacceptable for him. Double standard...
  • joyriver May 2011
    Reply to @reality: I fully agree. Thanks for this beautiful thaught, reality.
  • mangal May 2011
    It article just show, that swAmi was asked and replay, that he is aware of problem with some new "conquestadors". They are fanatics. I dont think that this article says something more.....maybe your hermeneutics change the reality. But the fact, that swAmi in his last years went near the "safronizers" is obvious...but not in this article-for example kumbhamela actions in last years.....yellow army with orange flags, it is not my cup of tea...but i let others joy such a parades....like first may...
  • mangal May 2011
    Reply to @batawe: Said it Krishna or it was added by many brahmans editors, who recreated mahabharata in order it fit their point of wiew?
  • Ivan May 2011
    swAmi is in my opinion only using this BJP supporting monx to gain some following in India and to establish himself as a person recognized in an official Hindu religious system. In seminars swAmi is usually very tolerant but personally he is showing quite strong right-wing tendencies. Especially regarding devilish Pakistanis. Everybody in Croatia remembered his absurd idea of wearing ethnic costume (Tracht in deutscher Sprache) and that poor president of Karlovac ashram on a public lecture in Karlovac wearing Croatian national Tracht... I also remember swAmi giving dhotis to people in India who had promised not to wear trousers for the rest of their life.
    But I'm sure that he is interested mainly in his own benefits, in growth of his following and multiplying the money and real estate assets. Even his sexual abuses are used in order to punish and control.
  • truthseeker May 2011
    I may have found out how swAmi invented the name "yidl". The first sentence in swami Satyananda's bestselling book 'Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha' is:

"Yoga is the science of right living and, as such, is intended to be incorporated in daily life."

I wouldn't be surprised if this is really where he got it from, being the lazy bum he is (he always says the same things in his satsangs).
  • Ivan May 2011
    It's even worse. He stole the name "Yidl" from the name of one of Shivananda's book! It's a well known fact but I forgot to mention it in previous discussion. One may buy the book on this page:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=sivananda&sts=t&tn=yoga+in+daily+life&x=0&y=0

Just copy the link or browse and see... OMG
  • Shivashakti May 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker: did you also notice in 'Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha' that Satyananda has a special series of asanas he calls Pavana muktasana, which swAmi has nearly exactly copied as the 'Sarava Hitta Asan' Level 1 series..
    swAmi has never, in any biographies, websites or books acknowledged his training at Bihar University. Why? because he copied everything from there...
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de