ARTICLE IN SLOVENIAN PRIMORSKE NOVICE MAGAZINE:

English, Hungarian

ARTICLE IN AUSTRIAN PROFIL MAGAZINE:

German, English, Hungarian, Czech, Serbian, Slovenian

CALL TO ALL OFFICIALS OF THE ORGANIZATION

English, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Serbian

Letters (Calls) to swAmi
  • admin June 2011
    Somebody suggested opening this new thread. It should be used to address swAmi directly. We shall see if we’ll get any response.
  • VeritasVeritas June 2011
    Dear Sw!

First of all I would like to thank you for all the good you did. Lives of many were influenced - and many lost and desperate ones found support and hope through your teachings. I also want to point out the efforts you made, by suggesting a vegetarian lifestyle, in order to be a responsible person, living life according to Ahimsa and to treat nature with respect.

But just as extraordinary your positive achievements were, is the havoc, you caused by not being in control of your negative qualities.

All the glorious things you did, made so many around you blind for the less glorious things in your life. I am not sure about your prime intention, when you first came to the west. I shall give you the benefit of the doubt, that your intention was pure.
    But what has happened?
    How did you get so entangled?
    Where do you stand now?
    How do you feel, standing back to the wall, facing the demons you created?
    Where is the way out for you?

Can't you see it yourself? How long do you think you can carry the weight of the burden you put upon your shoulders for so long? Making a mistake and not admitting it brings in the need to lie. To keep up a lie you need yet another lie. And so it goes on and on. That mountain of lies that you have to push, in order to keep things going, gets heavier and heavier each day. So you are caught in the trap, each new lie just made it even more impossible to return to purity.

Now here you stand, it's all breaking down now. Sure, you still have those around you, who would follow you blindly, but does that help you at all? Do you think they understand? You know, I know. Well it was them, who had pushed you to play that role, you did, you even enjoyed playing that god-man-role.
    But using their naivety for your own needs and pleasures brought you right on to the path of doom.

I do not judge you for having desires and needs, as it is a natural part of being human. But satisfying them in a way you did, is just shabby behaviour. Why didn't you do it in a healthy way? It is amazing for how long you could get away with it. Even you did not expect it to go on for so long. But now the day has finally come, the day you most feared. Where is your way out of this? It still is not too late for you. You have the chance of your life now.
    Show those, who still remained your followers, how to deal with own mistakes. By being an extraordinary person the mistakes have to be extraordinary too. Well they are. Lead by example now. Humans make mistakes. You are human!
    Good humans learn from their mistakes. Show them how!

Have the strength and courage to step forward and admit, this will relieve you from your pain.
    And you should apologize for all kind of abuse your disciples have experienced, physically and mentally. But not just shallow words, not as master, but as human being with genuine regret, not just that Guru-role. And dare you, manoeuvring yourself into the victim-role any longer.

Victims are suffering, your believers are suffering, you are suffering. Why? Where is your compassion? Their suffering is your suffering. Let go of your power and position, that will set you free, that will pave the path to healing - and healing is indeed needed here - and it has to come from you.

Do not carry on the path you have gone, call back your bulldogs who are just making it worse for you. You should know, we will NEVER stop - until you confess. Do not underestimate our determination. There are many things, we can do, to raise pressure on you. You are not getting away with it this time. This is not a threat, but an honest advice.

I also want to address something to you about that self-realized-master marketing-thing. If "self-realization" would make me the person that you are, I'd rather NOT be self-realized. But we both know that you are not "self-realized", would be nice if you'd just admit that too.

I think the final lesson you teach me, is not to condemn. Not an easy task, considering that I know some of the things you did. I try not to condemn you, but I do condemn your deeds. Apologize and you might be forgiven.

You are probably not used to having someone talk to you like that, but you know what? If someone would have done that much earlier, you probably wouldn't have ended up where you are now. For the future: Seek those, who criticize you most, this will help you to keep your feet on the ground.

After all, dear Sw. I feel sorry for you and you still have a place in my heart.

May you find the strength to choose the path of truth and purity.

Become the monk, you wanted to be, learn to control your desires.

Give us peace. Now.
  • someonefromhungary June 2011
    Reply to @Veritas: thx veritas for taking the first step :)
  • falseswamijifalseswamiji June 2011
    nice letter. thx. may i sign it too?
    Sure :-)
  • mangal June 2011
    Reply to @Veritas: very good, good job:) I think a lot of people here could sign it
    Thanks, but wouldn't it be better, if all would write their own?
  • mangal June 2011
    Reply to @Veritas: of course, there are two possibilities, first-everybody write his own, second-try to make up group letter on base of disscusion
  • mangotree June 2011
    lots of letters is best - this will express far more than lots of signatures
    Gurudev received some when he was in Australia already - he definitely read them but we were careful who they were given to and they were printed so not able to be 'edited' by those that may change the word 'truth' for 'proof' etc
  • mangal June 2011
    Reply to @mangotree: yes, you are right, but what will be the procedure?
    Reply to @mangotree:

:D :D :D yeah, that seemed a freudian slip... poor R...

and yes, maybe many letters are better than many signatures...
    so I will try to write one...

and maybe those already sent to swAmi by people in australia could also be published here...
  • Then, there may be lazy people like me who might prefer to just sign on, because Veritas has said it very well, expressed lots of compassion, and also the truth about how Mr XXX's lies destroy Mr XXX himself, and the truth about how blind followers destroy/corrupt Mr XXX with their very devotion, all very well said.
  • truthseeker June 2011
    Reply to @Ushmeypuri: I agree, it's a very good letter. I couldn't have said it better.
  • mangotree June 2011
    Reply to @Ushmeypuri:
    then perhaps multiple lettters with mulitiple signatures - not too much reading then, but the feeling and weight of it will be clear
  • Roman June 2011
    Then I think we should rename this thread “Discussion about …” and after we have some other material (thank you Veritas for yours) publish it on a separate page without all strategic thinking. How about that?
  • elisabeth June 2011
    Why don't you send him an e-mail? I sent him an e-mail in 2009, telling him how p@#$d I was, and telling him I will expose him. (for lying to me). I did that, before I went to post on Internet forums. That way I kind of felt better about myself and what I was doing. I don't like putting stuff on the Net, before I sort it out with the person. I didn't get a response, so then I went public.

I'm sure you guys or girls can get his direct e-mail. I can get it if you want. Too easy. So my suggestion to the girls who say they had sex with XXXXX: Contact him directly via his e-mail or phone, or whatever. If he ignores you, then go nuts! Full on frontal Internet stuff. Yep.
    That is what I did. I tried to contact him many times. Called India. But he wasn't available. He was too busy.

I think the girls should really try to contact him personally. Like I did. And then, if he ignores you, put your thoughts and feelings on the Internet for everyone to see.
    I have been told by a dedicated Yoga teacher that none of the girls have tried to contact SM. I find that a bit strange. True or not, I don't know. All I can say, is this: Send an e-mail to his personal e-mail address, safe it, and if you don't get an answer in 2 weeks, then you can claim he ignored you. Have my blessings, may the truth win and prevail. Peace. Peace. Peace.
    Elisabeth.
  • karavan June 2011
    Elizabeth,
    still making the pushes what they should do. Tell me, what they can discuss with him? What is it to discuss about? Maybe they came to this point that seeing him makes them sick? As it is normal reaction of raped or missused person?

When it was time, they wanted to speak with him about what was going on, as I know at least from 4 of them! When abuse was still going on, or after the abouse. They were confused and they tried to get explanations for what was going on. NOW- now they know, what it was: rape and abuse in the name of whatever. They dont need to make it clear with him anymore.

Now, of course now he would like to talk with them, as he is suddenly very talkative to anybody that wants to listen to him. Normal members from hot spots were called by person by him, or they were asked to call him by phone. Now he needs support and he is very very sweet.

Maybe he called you too. I cannot imagine any other reason after your sudden and strange turn over in esoterik forum and here. At least it makes me think. You are so persisting that they should reveal openly their identities, even you know them by person and you dont need this- still it is not enough for you to believe, as it seems, and why it should help to others, I ask you. I think, it is not you, this is what HE wants to know, this is what the lawyers of YIDL want. The girls were STRICLTY TOLD
    BY LAWYERS, not to put their names in public. Writing in person to him by their personal emails is the same.
  • karavan June 2011
    I sign with my full name the Veritas letter too!
  • change June 2011
    Below is a letter which was passed to swAmi when he was in australia. He read it.
    This is a deeply personal communication between myself and my teacher and it is not something that I would normally make public. However, as the circumstances around me are not what I would consider ‘normal’ perhaps there may be some benefit in posting it – an offering to this damaged community.

6 April 2011

Pranam Dear XXXXX

Please listen.

I offer these words to you respectfully, openly and peacefully.

WHAT I SEE AND HEAR...
    In our yidl community there is much that each of us value highly:
    the work that we share
    the inspiration of the yoga teachings
    the sadhana
    the peaceful space of the ashrams
    the support and guidance you have offered as teacher
    the support we offer each other as friends.

But also in our community there has been allowed to evolve a culture that is manipulative, controlling and sometimes profoundly damaging. In particular what has been allowed to occur in the name of 'spiritual training' is deeply disturbing. There is significant pain and damage to all those directly involved in this including you. Your suffering is as evident as that of many others.

WHAT I WOULD WISH FOR...
    That those things which are positive and good within yidl may withstand this force.
    That change be encouraged and allowed to occur.
    That each of us may change our ways of relating to each other that have allowed this ugliness to evolve and endure.
    That you would have the courage to reach out gently to those who are ready to support you for some time and that the necessary care may flow to you.
    That you allow that which is damaged in you to heal.
    That each of us allow that which is damaged in us and in our community to heal.
    That we begin to communicate in two directions and especially that we each listen well to the needs of the other.

WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER to you is this
    My understanding of your humanity.
    An ocean full of courage.
    Some small but caring drops of love.
  • change June 2011
    Please understand that this letter was written six weeks ago, and since that time my perspective on some things has changed.

I no longer hold any confidence that “those things which are positive and good within yidl may withstand this force.”

I no longer hold any confidence in the prospect of positive change.

For me that is the greatest personal loss. A loss of faith in the capacity of the whole community to do what is necessary.

From what i can see now this community lacks three essential things:
    1. the maturity to honestly offer our teacher the type of support that is needed at this time
    2. the capacity to clearly perceive our own role in allowing the current situation to evolve
    3. a leader with the will to heal and the courage to apologise
  • mangal June 2011
    Reply to @change: It was very nice and very decent, I am glad, that you give it here for our better understanding. Thank you:)
    Reply to @change: thank you very much for sharing your letter and this update :)
    I still have certain hopes, and for a moment your letter triggered an image in my head... I saw myself going to a seminar... but I guess it's just wishful thinking from my part :( :D :( :D
  • Reply to @change: touching. thanks for sharing.
  • speakup June 2011
    Reply to @change:
    Thank you for sharing your letter and thoughts .. I can hear your compassionate wisdom and also your grief and pain.

I believe the community lacks these essential things because it is essentially an autocratic organisation that functions like a cult. This is hard to accept but I would recommend some reading about cults - I can recommend Margaret Singer's "Cults in our midst". This has helped me to understand how this community and leader operates and why it is so resistant to dialogue, constructive criticism and positive change.

The only other thing I can say is that the grief and pain will gradually ease, and what is left is a great sense of freedom and a confidence that our spiritual life does not depend on any individual teacher or 'truth'. Peace
  • Durchanand June 2011
    Reply to @speakup:

I got a telephone in my bosom
    And I can call Him up from my heart:

• speakup June 2011
    Reply to @Durchanand: Thanks Durchanand - enjoyed that :):)
  • mangal June 2011
    Reply to @change: It was very nice and very decent, I am glad, that you give it here to our better understanding. When XXX reacted just as he do mostly-with disparagement - it shows what is his inner reality
    Looks like his attachment to his power and position is too strong, as that he could recall the teachings, that he himself has preached, in order to help him out of his misery.
    Pity.
  • Observer July 2011
    Sw,

For many years I’ve been your student. Always coming at the seminars with excitement and goal to do my darsham and grow spiritually. Yoga is amazing! For years I was singing Guru Ghita with others, I was crying and opening my heart completely to you during those last words (you are my father, my mother is you... you are my everything). There wasn't a person or situation who could jeopardize satsangs and seminars. Like many others I thought you are responsible for everything good in my life and that I’m the person who should be blamed for every bad thing. Millions of people are finishing their schools, have a jobs, earn money (some more then the others) but we considered ourselves for privileged ones. We’ve been programed to believe you unconditionally because everything else wold be word against God.

Despite my decision to take the opportunity to focus on myself during the seminars I couldn't stay blind on things around me. Thanks to everything I’ve learned and achieved I start to realize YIDL is turning into something that had nothing to do with spirituality. Seminars became fairs. People were selling their products and some percent of incomes had to go to YIDL. It was always nice to sit next to you but it was always welcomed to spend money in sweet kitchen so that incomes can grow. Not so many bajans, too many already told stories. And more and more respectful guests. All of that gave less motivation for spiritually development.

World peace is story for itself. Your promotion was everywhere. We can provide peace if peace is in us, just like everything else. Slowly you start to forget about us and start to play with us. We were making lines and stand there like puppies so that we can come closer to you and get smile or blessing, but too often your eyes were on camera. Our number was the most important thing because that was a proof of your greatness. To have more people in yellow behind you was important. More people start to give donations, more money from seminars. Works on Jadan and on everything else was possible thanks to us and we are all piece of it. So is it yours or is it ours? How many people you trade so that can be biggest building? We don’t want to take your money away or anything else you have. Those things can’t bring happiness only bigger hunger and bigger greed.

What hurts the most is your behavior toward young students. You among all people know for the best fact that this world is based 90% on fear and 10% on love. Add greatness of one Guru to that and you have everything perfectly set up for manipulation. How did you choose your victims? Young, weak, less experienced. Those girls sought protection from you. We all know how difficult is for victims to admit situation and to do something to change it. It’s hard for everyone to make that move, especially for women. Women are always marked as responsible ones. We are all someones mothers, daughters, sisters. We thought we were safe on YIDL seminars but it turned out, we weren’t. I’m wondering how those who knew about this for years can look themselves in the mirror? For what they were hoping for?

I have absolute right to ask you to give those women peace again! To free them from fear of life, illness, and ideas of horrible scenarios that can happen to them. If you don't have courage to do this publicly do it on mental level. It’s the best for everyone.

We all grow thanks to love. You have grown thanks to our love. And how do you feel now? How many malas is now out there for you? I remember when I sow you for the first time many years ago. I want that person, that Sw, not afraid Sw we could see during satsang in Vienna.This Sw couldn’t even sing a prayer. Remorse and apology can do a lot of good for everyone.

Friends, we are all the same. In all of us is the same light and the same love. We are all one on one with God. And nothing is lost. After YIDL there remains YOGA!
    Sw, lets make all together an effort so that our lives can be fulfilled with more love, because I have learned we all should be afraid only from our own fear.

Observer
  • mangal July 2011
    Reply to @Observer: What about to send this letter on Wienna email? Or Jadan.....I think it is witten from heart and with gentle wisdom. Our Paramostrich should have read it........
  • Observer July 2011
    Reply to @mangal: My letter is public. If admin thinks my letter should be sent to someone or somewhere (including places You mentioned), I agree.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de