ARTICLE IN SLOVENIAN PRIMORSKE NOVICE MAGAZINE:

English, Hungarian

ARTICLE IN AUSTRIAN PROFIL MAGAZINE:

German, English, Hungarian, Czech, Serbian, Slovenian

CALL TO ALL OFFICIALS OF THE ORGANIZATION

English, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Serbian

Coffee House
  • mangotree July 2011
    this delight is from the inimitable SriRa...

AUSTRALIAN NOTICE BOARD - FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT

MESSAGES OF LIGHT & LOVE FROM AUSTRALIA
    Receivied 23 March 2011

My perspectives on SXXXXJi – the sincere Guru
    My name is Srira... and my wife and I have been devotees of SXXXXJi since 2005. My wife, as many of you are aware, is a yidl teacher who runs classes at two locations and I usually assist her with these classes.

A few days ago, I was forwarded a document from the current President of yidl on behalf of the Board of the Australian Association of YIDL which alluded to some “serious allegations of a sexual nature” against SXXXXJi and went into some detail about some risk-mitigation and risk-management processes that the Board have put in place to contain and manage the business impact of these allegations on the aayidl business-franchise.

It is indeed possible that this document sent by the President alluding to these allegations might have the (unintended) effect of causing several devotees to doubt their own faith in SXXXXJi and perhaps, even SXXXXJi’s own capacity to act as our Spiritual Guide and Spiritual Master

In this regard, I have set out below my perspectives on SXXXXJi which could act as an input to those devotees who are now besieged with doubts of all sorts:

1. SXXXXJi ’s focus on practice
    Given my traditional South Indian Smarta Brahmin upbringing, I have spent significant parts of my 40 odd year daily life in and around sanyasis,saints, sadhus, acharyas, yogis, gurus, philosophers and Vedic-experts of different traditions and lineages. Most have been spiritually knowledgeable souls happy to provide some insight to genuine seekers and a few have not been able to progress themselves sufficiently to help others in any credible manner. In SXXXXJi, however, I found a guru with a fundamental difference – his singular preference for practice over theory and his drive to focus on what is practical and works for you. Whilst SXXXXJi has shown that he has a very strong foundation of Vedic knowledge, he does not spend time on discussions involving abstract relationships or complex analogies such as the reality of the dream to the dreamer which by itself is unreal. His focus remains practice and helping you discover your spiritual self through practice.

2. SXXXXJi’s respect for other gurus and spiritual traditions
    Often, most gurus and spiritual masters tend to be partial (unintentionally) towards their own gurus and traditions whilst not acknowledging the validity of other traditions. SXXXXJi breaks this mould – whether it is the strict Advaita view of Adi Shankaracharya or the Bhakti-based views of Shaivism and Vaishnavism or indeed, the dualistic views of Jesus and the Christian faith, SXXXXJi has never ever uttered a single word of disrespect and has always sort to bring out the commonalities in these traditions that bring us together in our spiritual journeys.

3. SXXXXJi’s appreciation of and reverence for traditional knowledge beyond the YIDL system itself -especially Vedanta (Upanishads). Another interesting but extremely rare aspect that I have found in SXXXXJi is his deep appreciation of traditional scriptures and traditional philosophical points of view which may not necessarily be a part and parcel of the YIDL system especially those pertaining to Vedanta. For example, I still remember the amazing manner in which he encouraged me to chant the Manisha Panchakam at the last retreat (Dec 2009) as well the Purusha Suktam at the last Khumba Mela (April 2010) despite neither of these strictly being a component of the YIDL system – a remarkable indicator of his unstinted desire to constantly look for ways to enhance and rejuvenate the spiritual experience of followers of the YIDL system.

4. His piercing yet humorous insight into the real-life problems of his devotees
    Lastly, it’s his humorous insight into some of the most tricky issues that we face in our lives is another aspect that makes him into such a powerful transformer of our lives. For example, his delightful way of explaining the concept of “attachment” that we struggle with immensely – “like the cheese and the pizza – the cheese is always sticking to the pizza” :) :)

In summary, we have been extremely fortunate to have such a sincere and credible Guru directly helping us with our spiritual journey and we should count our blessings and continue with our practice with dedication and renewed vigour.

Thanks and kind regards Srira... devotee of SXXXXJi
  • Reply to @mangotree:
    Nice insight into his narrow point of view.
    He is wrong in that that Mr XXXX was oh so tolerant against other belief systems. In reality, Mr XXX has always had reserved a special kind of bigoted scorn for the atheist point of view.
    Also the point on the alleged focus on practice collapses the moment one aks oneself how much Mr XXX himself practices in his own daily life.
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @Ushmeypuri:
    yes absolutely to your points

and i especially like the line
    "the amazing manner in which he encouraged me to chant.... a remarkable indicator of his unstinted desire" etc
    shows a great deal of humility from the author
  • pavitra July 2011
    thank you and a cupcake to everyone! all drinks on me today!
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @pavitra: thanks, you are very generous. Happy birthday!
  • someonefromhungary July 2011
    Reply to @pavitra:
    thank you, pavitra :) :) :)
    and happy birthday and other days to you :) :) :)
  • Roman July 2011
    The link to “farewell-and-thankyou” statement from the AAYIDL website which has been removed by the new management is now at the top of the forum pages with other important links. So once again, thank you for your hard work, great courage and integrity.
  • wideawake July 2011
    Reply to @Roman: I was told that it received over 2000 hits while it was up. Why would you pull down such a popular page?
  • Roman July 2011
    Reply to @wideawake:
    Go figure :)
  • July 2011
    try to read some holy books and thaty you will have different approach
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @lun: yes, like for example the yoga sutras of Patanjali. The first limb of his eightfold path is yama which consists of five don'ts:

Violence & killing ~ Lying or untruthfulness ~ Stealing & misappropriation ~ Continence & celibacy ~ Greed & selfishness

It looks like swAmi has broken all five of them. Well, nobody's perfect and it's almost impossible to always stick for the full 100% to these rules, but I have the impression that 'His Holiness' hasn't even tried his best to stick to them. I don't see the point of the fourth rule btw, unless the meaning is that one should try to abstain from inappropriate sex. And I think we can definitely say that his behaviour has been inappropriate.
  • mangal July 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker: a agree, maybe we are wrong, nothing happened, but clear proof that something is not good with xxx is his outcome-obesity, illnessis, proudnes and so on-all can see it....
  • PallasAthene July 2011
  • mangotree July 2011
    yet another delicassy from the inimitable SriRa...

AUSTRALIAN NOTICE BOARD - FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT

MESSAGES OF LIGHT & LOVE FROM AUSTRALIA
    Receivied 5 May 2011

Hari Om fellow bhaktas

First and foremost, let me say what an amazing time we had with XXXXX over the last couple of weeks in Adelaide and Ayers Rock !!

Yes, there was (and sadly still is) a rather heavy pall of negativity and confusion about all that has been said about SXXXXji and yidl.

Yes, I was as confused as anybody else about who to trust and what to believe but I found the answer to the one question that I wanted answered above everything else – Is SXXXXji the sincere and credible Guru that I always believed he was?

For nearly 3 hours, I was no more than 2 steps behind the Enlightened Soul as he walked around the 10km circumference of the Ayers’ Rock as hard and in as laboured a manner as his physical body would let him always encouraging us on and even cautioning us about the huge rocks right in the middle of the path!!

His heart was heavy, his body was aching especially the stitches from his bypass and he was short of breath but he brushed aside my requests in Hindi to “perhaps stop and call for a car” with his simple Hindi reply “Aare Ram, bhakton ke liye, ye be ham nahi kar sakhten?” (C’mon Ram, can’t I do even this for my bhaktas?).

As I said then and there, to Hell with what those poor misguided lost souls say about him – THIS IS OUR REAL GURU!!

Tam-eva Bhaantam Anu-bhanti Sarvam
    Tasye Bhasa Sarvam Idham Vhibanthim

(Sanskrit translation – That is the Real source of light, the rest are just followers; That is that light that makes every else shine)
    (source: Katha Upanishad)

Hari Om everyone and have also attached another more detailed write-up

Srira...

(you already read the detailed bit in the last post - he sent it again... must have found more people to add to his list...)
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @mangotree: well, swAmi likes to give himself and his followers a good workout sometimes. Good for him! But does it prove that he's an enlightened soul? If that's so, there must be millions of enlightened souls. But swAmi knows when he needs to be nice, so he worked hard for it, not wanting to lose what remains of his Australian followers.

I have become a little more sympathetic to SriRa though, the two letters show me he has a gentle side too and that he has had his doubts about swAmi, but pushed them aside. No excuse for his behaviour afterwards though.
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker:
    Yes - he is following the most vital fragment of logical argument that i have heard echoed again and again and again by the faithful. It is this fragment they rely upon:

Faithful fragment of logic.... If 'it' is not my own personal experience with Him then it is simply not real and even if it were i have no right to judge His actions as they have not directly impacted on me. I can only go by my own experiences.

This logic is so utterly clear it can be followed easily with other examples like:
    *If the murderer did not murder me or my grandmother then i have no problem with the murderer as it was not 'my' experience with the murderer, nor was it 'my' grandmother...

*If my sister has been abused by my father then i cannot have a problem with my father as it was not 'my' experience with my father, and even though it was 'my' sister, she is not as crucial to 'my' survival as 'my' father and therefore i must understand and forgive him for this as it must have been a mistake and 'i' also have made many 'mistakes' in this life...

I am sorry, but this logic makes my gut turn every time.
    this is a very very dangerous echo and i hope one day people will realise its potential danger
    echo...
    echo.....
    echo.......
    echo.........
    Reply to @mangotree: delicatessen
  • truthseeker July 2011
    I believe I have to make a correction on my claim that swAmi isn't enlightened. He has sent his followers a word of thanks for all the support regarding the death of "Mataji, holy Mother Punyinand". One of the lines in the greeting is:

"Thank you, you made it possible for me to stay in Mataji's seva for the last three months of her life till the last day of her Samadhi."

Samadhi! So it turns out she was enlightened! I guess her son must be enlightened too then. Everybody agrees, I assume? Roman, I think we ought to stop this forum, or turn it into a hagiography of this holy family, as a repentance. And let's start flagellating ourselves 108 times a day, if you don't mind.
  • truthseeker July 2011
    I dedicate the following song to swAmi to express my regret

• Roman July 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker:
    I do mind if you don’t mind :)
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @Roman: I understand it if 108 times is too much for you, you can do less if you like. SwAmi is not a very strict teacher, so he won't mind. He's enlightened, so don't worry. :)
  • July 2011
    if not earlier than on kumbha mela you can have express experience of the divine souls
    come and relized and your doubts will dissapear
    but you have to have courage to do it
  • July 2011
    or now on gurupurnima day go to india there are many gurus and experience
  • nobody July 2011
    Dear Lun, your approach is wrong. You think that here are people who don't know anything about spirituality. Many of us on this forum have spend 15, 20 or more years with swAmi and we know all what you are talking about. We have been in kumbha melas, we have been in ashrams in India many times, we have much more experiences that you can imagine in your biggest dreams. Some of us where very very close to him and we know his behavior, we know who he is and what he is able to do. All you are missing is to spend enough time near to him and than you will know the truth and you will leave him as we have done.
  • truthseeker July 2011
    There is a new Swami on the block, Swami Beyondananda

http://www.wakeuplaughing.com/
    Reply to @truthseeker: :D :D :D
  • pavitra July 2011
  • pavitra July 2011
    the lady gaga video is dedicated to lun
  • cultrecovery July 2011
    Reply to @pavitra: :) thanks Pavitra for making me laugh
  • July 2011
    after 20 years to realized that this way is not for you is really to think over very deeply what you have been doing all this years and why you did not realized this earlier

try to find the reason why you spent so meny years without understand the point
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de