English, Hungarian

ARTICLE IN AUSTRIAN PROFIL MAGAZINE:

German, English, Hungarian, Czech, Serbian, Slovenian

CALL TO ALL OFFICIALS OF THE ORGANIZATION

English, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Serbian

Coffee House
  • NoviSadCalling July 2011
    Reply to @PallasAthene:

It could be hard to control emotions when all your previous life is at stake ... I can understand this, it is not easy to put a question mark on all of your decisions and a whole belief system. But this is something that must be done if there is any discrepancy between thought, said and done. And there are plenty id these discrepancies in YIDL system. People have been indoctrinating themselves for decades, with XXX's help and guidance of course, and suddenly, things changed over the night. It's not easy to deal with this.

One capuccino for me, please!
  • SriRomanSriRoman July 2011
    Reply to @roman:

I come bearing a gift for you on behalf of all those who have posted on this site.
    We offer this to you with gratitude, love, thankfulness, hesitation, laughter, repulsion, sorrow, joy... and hope for a brighter future.

Thankyou brother for letting us all out of the can! :)

• Roman July 2011
    Thank you, my SriSelf, I love it! Is the next t-shirt going to have the "light at the end of tunnel" motif? Or are we stuck with worms and nobody going fishing because we are mostly vegetarians and for non-violence? That would almost fulfill swAmi’s prophecies :)
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    i am a neverending creative powerful entity with an unchangeable drive to love life as it is...:) lions, let's party...

(remark: i will not wear this shirt serving coffee!...:)))))
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @PallasAthene: :-) it looks like fun to be a worm, so maybe we aren't so unlucky having been reduced to worms by the diabetic master of the universe.

I hope he will have compassion for us worms, like the Tibetan monks who gently remove the worms before they start building.
  • someonefromhungary July 2011
    Reply to @PallasAthene: :D :) :D :) :D
  • July 2011
    pls read some holy books and you will see how difficult is the guru disciples relationship
    why in all vedas and upanishadas is written that for one disciples take milions of lives to get a godrealisation?
    why?
    why?
  • VeritasVeritas July 2011
    Reply to @lun:
    Your mind has been seriousliy messed up, I feel sorry for you.
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @lun:
    @lun's circular argument.... why is it so difficult to get a godrealisation?

why - because we are all worms
    why are we all worms - because our beloved One said so
    why do they promise us millions of lives - so we expect nothing in this one
    why do they wish us to expect nothing in this life? - because we will get nothing
    why will we get nothing in this life - because we are all worms

what next @lun?
    what next?
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    Reply to @Iun:

It's a coffee house, but I think Alan Watts would like to drink a coffee with you. :)

• someonefromhungary July 2011
    Reply to @PallasAthene: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  • pavitra July 2011
    Q. What do you mean by "Immediate Enlightenment" after initiation?

M. I mean "Immediate" Enlightenment. "Instant," like that, okay? (Master snaps her fingers.) If I show you something which is in your pocket, can you immediately take it out or not? (Audience: "Yes.") That is what it is. Because you have it within you. I just pointed to you where it is and so you get it.

Q. What is the easiest and safest path to self-realization and god-realization?

M. This method. Did they say it? "Immediate Enlightenment" "Quan Yin Method". That's the best, the easiest and the quickest. You get enlightened immediately without any preparation, without any cost, without any condition today after the lecture. Okay? And if you don't get enlightenment immediately, money-back guarantee. (Laughter & applause) Oh, by the way... by the way, there's no money-back guarantee because we don't charge a penny. (Laughter and applause.)

Q. Master, usually how long does it take to get enlightenment? May I know what does it depends on?

M. Oh, depends on many things. First, it depends on the proper meditation method. And it depends on your teacher, whether that person is capable to lead you to enlightenment. Never mind talking about long or short. If you get a good teacher, you get immediate enlightenment. If you don't get a good teacher, I don't know how long, very, very long, many lifetimes. And also enlightenment depends on your sincerity, if you want it or not. If you do want it, you get it immediately. If you don't want it, it doesn't matter how much you pretend, how long you sit there, until your bottom falls off, (laughter) you don't have anything.
  • pavitra July 2011
    lun this is the main trick of the upanishads and vedas: there is not such thing as the enlightenment or karma. The given rules were written in order to justify the domination of a certain privileged group or kasta of people. Your only way to salvation is to serve them, to be the slave of your guru.
  • NoviSadCalling July 2011
    Oh, again we have too much intelectualism in our bar! Anyone wanna beer? Cheers!
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    Reply to @NoviSadCalling: Yes, of course give me a beer. :) Cheers***

• pavitra July 2011
    une flute de champagne pour moi s'il vous plait!
    it's my birthday today, let the party begin
  • Roman July 2011
    Reply to @pavitra:
    Happy B-day, dear Pavitra :)))))
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @pavitra:
    happy birthday dear Pavrita
    may sunshine fill your day
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    Pavitra, happy Birthday to youuuuuu. Big hug for you. I wish you the best as healthiness, good relationships and friends, sufficient money of course, a lot of humor and sun in your heart. :))))

• pavitra July 2011
  • Aussie_Karma_yogi July 2011
    I just checked the Australian YIDL web site.

I could see no changes there, except one, the page:

http://www.yogaindailylife.org.au/News/farewell-and-thankyou.html

has been deleted as well as any reference to it.

This page. which was referenced widely on this and other forums and sites, is where the previous Australian committee and almost all teachers, resigned, without any comment as to why. They were thanked and a short statement of there contributions to AAYIDL over many decades was included.

Does anyone have a backup, the previous web side administrator? It could be posted here.

I do recall, from Mangotree's account, that the General Meeting of AAYIDL did also pass, by majority, a vote of thanks for the out going committee. No mention of any of this on the web site.

I also noted that I was uninvited from the Satsang before the General Meeting, even before I had made any public statement on these issues (however my emails to organisers would have been available to some). As previously noted this Satsang had a specially edited invite list.

I know enough about these kind of conflicts to know that the incoming committee may not have any knowledge of these omissions. My first guess would be swAmi's political commissar in Australia. So "double edged sword" no not exactly, more like fighting a battle of multiple fronts.

Ask difficult questions about important issues and decades of contributions get written out of history.

Munro (munrosaunders@gmail.com)
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    This page has been added after the general meeting:

http://www.yogaindailylife.org.au/About/Spiritual-Lineage/index.html

.....................................................................................................................

Sincere gratitude is expressed to a remarkable team of people who have recently resigned after working tirelessly over many years to share the teachings of Yoga with thousands across Australia.

We wish all the best for the future endeavours of each and every one who is leaving and know that each of you will be sorely missed. We consider every contribution noteworthy but would like to particularly thank Bhakti, Mukti, Lisa, Yogasiddhi, Adidas, Mokshanand, Sevapuri, Sevadevi, Chandra, Pavitra, Taradevi, Sita, Prabhupuri, Suryaprakash, Chandradevi , Anandpuri, Purnanand and Dharmpuri.

Many of these resignations will come into effect after a special general meeting to be held in June.

Please note that all office bearers except secretary are unchanged.

Bhakti
    Bhakti was a founding member of the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1991. During this time she held several positions including senior teacher, centre manager, teacher trainer facilitator, and much respected national co-ordinator. Bhakti was instrumental in establishing 6 XXXXX centres across Australia, writing the first curriculum of yoga teacher training and establishing a formal teacher training program for the association. Bhakti worked to achieved ECOSOC status with the UN and accreditation with the DPI of the UN. She represented the association at the Johannesburg Earth Summit and at the UN in New York on a number of occasions. She also held the role of General Secretary for the World Peace Council. Over the years Bhakti contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to support the Associations many and varied activities.

Mukti
    Mukti joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1992. In the early years of formation she held the position of co-treasurer and secretary for the association. Mukti was one of the most popular yoga teachers in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs and many missed her when she left to establish a XXXXX centre in Perth in 2002. Mukti’s expertise as a yoga teacher soon become known and she has successfully run the centre in Perth until closing it in May 2011. Over the years Mukti contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to support the Associations many and varied activities.

Lisa
    Lisa joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1993. Lisa joined the Board in an official capacity in September 2008 and serves as Public Officer. Lisa has resigned from managing the Association’s bookkeeping which she has dilently done for many years. She brought with her highly developed skills in bookkeeping and managed the Association’s entire Australia-wide operations with incredible capacity, thus ensuring the Association met all its financial obligations.

Yogasiddhi
    Yogasiddhi joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1994. During this time she held several positions including that of Centre Manager and Director of Education and Training. Being one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors, Michelle developed curriculum for the Association’s Yoga Teacher Training program which was delivered in XXXXX centres throughout Australia and internationally too. Over the years Michelle contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to support the Association’s many and varied activities.

Adidas
    Adidas joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1994. He is known for his dedication to the yoga practices and as a result became one of the most experienced yoga teachers in the Association, drawing many students to his classes. Together with Mukti, Adidas worked selflessly to establish a XXXXX centre in Perth and his classes in more than 8 locations across the city are renowned for offering the authentic yoga practices. Over the years Adidas contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to support the Association’s many and varied activities.

Mokshanand - Mark Welsh
    Mokshanand joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1996, and taught for the Association for over thirteen years from 1998 – 2011, he was one of the Associations’s most experienced Yoga Instructors. During that time, Mokshanand was one of the main Trainers in the Association’s Yoga Teacher Training Program in Brisbane. Over the years he contributed substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities.

Sevapuri
    Sevapuri joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1998. During this time he held the position of Centre Manager in Sydney and was one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors. As Coordinator of the Association’s Yoga Teacher Training Program in Sydney, Sevapuri facilitated train-the-trainer courses for several years. Sevapuri also serves on the Board of the Association in the position of President and over the years has contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities.

Sevadevi
    Sevadevi joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1998. During this time Sevadevi selflessly contributed in many ways as a senior instructor of Yoga, as an Ayurveda massage therapist, co-ordinator of Sydney’s Spiritual Pathways Program and master cook at weekend Yoga Retreats. Sevadevi contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities since the beginning of her involvement with the organisation.

Chandra
    Chandra joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1998. During this time she held the position of Centre Manager in Sydney and Graphic Designer, and was one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors. It must be acknowledged that Chandra also contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities years throughout that period. In her role as Graphic Designer, Chandra’s creative capacity ensured that the Association’s centres Australia-wide could promote yoga classes and activities to the public in a most appealing way.

Pavitra
    Pavitra joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1998. Pavitra joined the Board in March 2006 and serves as Vice-President and Treasurer. Pavitra brought with her many highly developed skills in governance and accounting and her due diligence ensured the Association’s professional function in all operations. It is to be acknowledged that over the years Pavitra contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities which included teaching yoga and taking responsibility to manage the Dee Why Yoga Centre, which welcomed many students of yoga each week. Pavitra performed her work responsibly and professionally, maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of work with the highest integrity. She will be sorely missed in Dee Why.

Taradevi
    Taradevi joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1998. During this time she held the position of Centre Manager and was one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors. Anybody who meets Taradevi would agree that no task is too small for her. She possesses a genuine enthusiasm and ability to see a job finished and done well.

to be continued....part 2

• PallasAthene July 2011
    Sita – Elizabeth Fletcher
    Sita joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 1999. During this time she held several positions, including Manager of Gymea School of XXXXX from 2000-2005, and Centre Manager of XXXXX Brisbane from 2005-2011. She also fulfilled positions of Event & Marketing Coordinator. Sita was one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors and as Coordinator of the Association’s Yoga Teacher Training Program in Brisbane, Sita facilitated train-the-trainer courses. Sita also contributed substantial volunteer hours to the Association’s activities since the beginning of her involvement with the organisation.

Prabhupuri – Craig Smith
    Prabhupuri joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 2001. During this time he held the position of Centre Manager and was one of the Association’s most experienced Yoga Instructors. As Coordinator of the Association’s Yoga Teacher Training Program in Brisbane, Prabhupuri facilitated train-the-trainer courses. Over the years Prabhupuri contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities. Prabhupuri’s dedication and willingness to continually learn and gain experience, inspires colleagues and friends who associate with him

SuryaPrakash – Eddie Pose
    Eddie started with XXXXX Brisbane in 2003 as a student. He completed the Associations’ teacher training in 2008 and has taught classes on a weekly basis from 2008-2011. He also contributed many volunteer hours to the Association as a yoga teacher and assisting in IT support for the website and network

Chandradevi - Amanda McQuire
    Amanda started classes at Australian Association of XXXXX in Brisbane in 2001, and after completing the Associations teacher training, taught classes from 2007-2011 as a volunteer contribution.

Anandpuri – Donald Pincott
    Donald started classes at Australian Association of XXXXX in Brisbane in 2005, and was teaching classes from 2007-2011 as a volunteer contribution. His students will miss his energy and classes.

Purnanand
    Purnanand joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 2006. Over a two year period (2009-2011) Purnanand filled the role of Project Manager of the Association’s 640 acre retreat property at Main Creek, Dungog N.S.W. Australia. Purnanand’s responsibilities included construction, land management, property maintenance and overseeing the work of contractors such as the installation of a four kilometre access road. It is to be acknowledged that Purnanand has contributed a substantial number of volunteer hours to the Association’s activities at the Dungog retreat property.

Dharmpuri
    Dharmpuri joined the Australian Association of XXXXX in 2000. During this time he held the position of Centre Manager, IT Manager, Video Production coordinator, Webmaster, Vice-President and President. As the author of this article I am not able say if my contribution is substantial or not but suffice to say I had the honour and privilege to work with the exceptional people listed in this article as well as many more. An atmosphere of respect and love pervaded my time at XXXXX and I largely attribute this to the high calibre and integral people I worked with. I give my deep admiration to all.

• July 2011
    to australians
    pls just be patients in less than 4 months the things will changed as in novi sad now
    try to do not loose your faith and sadhana
    and you will realized the truth
  • truthseeker July 2011
    Reply to @lun: in my view you are suffering from religious delusions. Do you also still believe in Santa Claus?

http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm
  • PallasAthene July 2011
    Reply to @lun:

You make us prominent using the bulletin board to send message to the australians. It is like the pope's secretary is using the playboy magazine to come out with the truth of his holiness. :))))

Main problem is not losing the faith, it is possibly losing the love for someone. Faith will remain and drives you further on your path.
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @lun:
    yidl in australia will look very different in four months you can be certain of that.
    Already up to half the yoga students are gone from some classes (and these people were never bhaktas, aussie bhaktas almost never actually "do" yoga).
    The australian public do not like fanatacism at all.... it scares them off, as can be seen by the class numbers.
    But the new regime teachers already know that.... so why are they teaching like that?
    Maybe they also want the classes to not go so well, so they don't have to keep working so hard?
    hmmmm....
    another of the great mysteries in this daily life
  • mangotree July 2011
    Reply to @lun:
    pssst.....
    just so you know lun, we didn't only just hear about the sex abuse scandal this week, we've known since early March - our 4 months is already up

and this is what it is looking like -
    a huge mess with things falling apart, buildings likely to be sold, a polarised and damaged yoga community that is crumbling day by day...
    we are not 4 months behind you... we are in the here and now... the present
  • wideawake July 2011
    Reply to @mangotree: The sun rises in Australia before it rises in Europe.
  • batawebatawe July 2011
    @pavitra: Happy Birthday and all the best!;)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de