ARTICLE IN SLOVENIAN PRIMORSKE NOVICE MAGAZINE:

English, Hungarian

ARTICLE IN AUSTRIAN PROFIL MAGAZINE:

German, English, Hungarian, Czech, Serbian, Slovenian

CALL TO ALL OFFICIALS OF THE ORGANIZATION

English, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Serbian

Power of grassroots organizing
  • Roman May 2011
    I think we all have created something which is positive (regardless that the other side calls us vulgar and unbalanced). We have created an opportunity for power to come up from suppression, to give voice to those who could not speak up and to set ourselves free. Now is time to prepare for reaction. Every grassroots action has it. It is the official mighty System’s (whoever it represents) reaction to protect its core, its life, its hold on power.

swAmi is not doing anything else. He won’t come straight in front of everybody and admit what he did and apologize to all of those whom he deceived. He or his puppets are threatening with legal action, attacking right and left. They may do it and we have to be prepared for it. The last thing we want is to increase the difficulty of this situation on all those women who were abused or even just misused by letting him bankrupt them through prolonged law suits.

My suggestion is to go to the basics of grassroots organizing. Laws are different in different countries. Above mentioned women are from different countries. We need to create a support system for them. My suggestion is that those living in a countries with victims, i.e. Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary and others which I may not be aware of set up completely legitimate and transparent accounts for donations to cover any expenses arising from the Empire’s reaction. Set it up as tax exempt or whatever works. Just do it correctly that nobody can attack you. Lawyers are expensive and although some people do everything to help, our real power is in unity, multitude, openness and honesty. Keep proper bookkeeping, the best transparent directly on the web that any audit will be just normal another day event without any problems. If the budget won’t be exhausted at the end, we all will have great international party. Where? That will depend on the surplus :)

Think and never underestimate the enemy. Even if you think that they are pathetic and stupid, it can still go long way. It went almost 30 years of my life (now I am talking about communism). Emotions are good but also rational thinking has to be there. Actually, regarding money, thinking part beats the first one. Emotions we will leave for the party :)

Roman
  • speakup May 2011
    Threats of legal action are just that - threats - all part of the psychological manipulation to instill fear in people speaking. I think talking about this plays into his hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he reads this discussion forum with interest.

If he decided to bring an action for defamation - the defences at least in Australian law are 'truth' and 'public interest'. Not sure about other jurisdictions.

I cannot imagine him wanting the publicity of a court case with witnesses being called etc in a defamation case. He would also need to decide which country he took legal action in, and since we are from all over the world this would make it very difficult for him to take any action.
  • Roman May 2011
    I agree with you that it is probably a threat. But unless he wants to come up clean with acknowledging what happened, he may feel like being in the corner and desperate. My intention was to let everybody know that we are not afraid and that we know how to protect ourselves. Money-wise, lawyer-wise, any-wise. When I told few people that I was going to start this forum they thought it wasn't gonna do much help. Look at it know. You can beat disinformation with information, threat with defense. If he reads this forum, great. He should read it rather than getting watered down reports from his assistants. My message for him is (regardless on siddhi challenge outcome) :

You still can make it right. Try to be at least for once what you have been preaching. Some kind of forgiveness and closure can only come after honestly standing in front of the truth. Now I am speaking just for myself. After you do that, I will stop. But only then. No threats will make me to change this course. I am sure that more people feel that way, but as I’ve said, I was speaking just for myself.

If somebody wants to comment on this, feel free. But you know that you don’t have to. Everybody is free in their choices and we honor it here.
  • pavitra May 2011
    I'm asking the same thing from Swami-ji: I would stop when he will answer publicly about his sexual activities. Till then I will defend all these women that I know personally from being abused again and again by his fanatic followers.
  • Roman May 2011
    Reply to @pavitra:
    Welcome aboard :)
  • someonefromhungary May 2011
    Roman, thank you for the suggestion. I also wish to help (in order to help myself as well).
  • Roman May 2011
    Reply to @someonefromhungary:
    Welcome aboard :)
  • truthseeker May 2011
    As I have said before, there is a possibility for German speakers who don't read and write English well to start a discussion on http://www.fake-guru.com. Me and Durchanand have had contact with the owner of that website, swami Balendu, and he supports our efforts to make the abuse stories more well known on the net, also in India. The German forum mentioned on the right side of this page is not really a forum, you can't post anything there. Maybe it's a good alternative, since the discussion on the esoterikforum has been closed down, it's just an idea. The administrator of the site is his German wife Ramona, I believe. Swami Balendu won't probably give in so easily when he's threatened with legal action by the fanatical followers of swAmi.

English speakers can also use his website, but that's probably unnecessary because we already have this forum.

Swami Balendu often writes in his blog against fake gurus. In fact, he doesn't like the idea of a guru in the first place, he is against human worship and sees every human being as equal. Something which is also the basis of our liberal democracies.

Roman, maybe you can mention the site at the main page? There's already a small thread dating a few months ago: http://www.fake-guru.com/fake-gurus/57-swami-maheshwarananda-yoga-daily-life.html

One possible disadvantage of the fake-guru website is that all post are first judged on inappropriate content by the administator.
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    If anybody has some insights, I would like to hear from you what do you think, regardless of your decision to post on fake-guru site; but I am wondering, and I don't say that Balendu doesn't look like a nice guy;), but I myself don't understand totally why did he left the name "Swami", if he is not a officially a Guru and he definitely is not a Swami, if he's married and if he isn't a Guru anymore, nonetheless, there are still meditation workshops, all the things that doesn't really differ from any other organisation, and there are also puja ceremonies etc...you have down below, a big list of various websites and you can check...
    http://www.jaisiyaram.com/contactus.htm
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    maybe the only difference is that everything is the same just that He doesn't want to be worshipped as Guru, but basic structure is the same...
  • karavan May 2011
    I wouldnt like that the page of some other swami would take over our discussion, no matter what he is.
  • truthseeker May 2011
    Swami Balendu gave an explanation in one of his blogs why many people call him 'swami' and what's the difference between the words 'guru' and 'swami':

http://www.jaisiyaram.com/blog/guru/3039-what-is-a-swami-and-why-is-a-guru-different-7-sep-09.html

He's basically saying that he doesn't mind how you call him.

I understand your objections, I've also become distrustful of any person who is supposed to be spiritual. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, because I like his blogs and it helps me keeping a focus on yoga now that I have left yidl. But I will never give him, or any one else, authority, at least I hope I have learned my lesson.

@batawe: my impression of him is that his methods are a bit like that of Osho's, but without the guru thing and the free sex. See for example the chakra dance parties. What do you think?

I understand your question, what's the difference, he could have given all this stuff up and leave the 'spiritual business', but he's instead using it commercially. Maybe he doesn't see alternatives, he's been doing this all his life, he even used to be a guru. But for me it's okay that he's a businessman, as long as he's an honest one. If you don't have a mind for business these days it can be hard to succeed.

A few things other things that are different: he does not a present himself as a celibate, he's not part of a religious order, he has modern views on things, he doesn't have all kinds of Sanskrit titles, he doesn't accept followers, he has no initiations (as far as I know), there's no commune like structure or hierarchy and he doesn't pretend to have psychic powers (more than us).

@karavan: I wasn't suggesting he would take over our discussion, it could only be a possibility for German speakers who can't read or write English, or only very basic.
    Durchanand has said to me he knows several and particularly batawe's posts are way above their level :)
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    @truthseeker: I already found Balendu some time ago and he looks like a cool man;) (don't they all, or at least some of them?;), I am not criticizing him and he is doing his stuff; I agree that he comes from certain background and he just continues his work but not in the name of guru-game etc., even if at the same time appears, as if everything is the same, more or less...

Chakra dance parties look like chakra dance parties;)))haha, with no alchocol;)..looks like a nice party, to relieve stress;)
  • Ivan May 2011
    A small linguistic explanation: svāmin in sanskrt means owner (sva means oneself with secondary nominal suffix which means possession, svāmin means "the one possessing (something, someone) by himself", not "the one possessing himself". Nominative is svāmī). Guru is actually an adjective meaning "heavy". Only a later semantic development made an metonymic shift from adjective to an substantive in masculine(!) gender meaning guru, m. teacher, meaning the one who is heavy, fat, prosperous or heavy with knowledge. So the word "guru" doesn't have anything to do with darkness and light, there is no gu, ru word in skt. resembling darkness and light.
    P.S. In southern India the appellation "svami" is used for every respectable person. Cheers.
    the term "bhagavan" is also interesting and seems somehow related... "bhaga" means part, share and the suffix means "equipped with, possessing". so, one may say that the most direct meaning of "bhagavan" is someone having (his/her) part or share. (a shareholder as we were joking sometimes :))
  • Ivan May 2011
    Haha bhaga can be vagina/vulva but in a secondary shift of meaning: share-prosperity -love -amorous pleasure-vagina. Love the poststructuralistic approach but keep in mind the historical perspective :-) the diachronic one ;-)
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    well, you know that "Desire is metonymical" by its nature, it shifts from object to object and can also metaphorically mean many things, so both sinhronic and diahronic overlap sometimes or they can be "out of joint";)))
    "time is out of joint" :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    Reply to @someonefromhungary: ;)))
  • Roman May 2011
    OK guys/gals, this is grassroots category. How does yoni fit in? That's better in satsang category or panditry :)
  • batawebatawe May 2011
    ok sir, we must get our grip together!;)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de